Saturday, February 3, 2007

F.A.B.O.L.O.U.S.

Fabolous Opens Up About Shooting Incident; Hooks Up With Jeezy, Ne-Yo
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fabolous has always prided himself on being street-tough, beginning with his first major hit, the 2001 gangsta track "Can't Deny It." But in October, the Brooklyn, New York, rapper got more than he bargained for when he was shot in the thigh by an unknown assailant. After the incident, Fabolous was charged with weapons possession after police discovered two guns in his car.Now Fabolous is opening up about the incident. While he says it didn't take him even two weeks to get back on his feet after being shot, he hasn't shrugged the attack off. He says he took it very seriously."It was a life-threatening experience, so I took it as that," Fab said Tuesday of the shooting (see "Fabolous Hires Private Detective To Help Clear His Name After Arrest"). "Even when I got my truck back [after the shooting], I looked at [one of the shots] in the windshield — it was high enough to be a head shot. I looked at that as being more dangerous than the leg thing. My leg was better in a week and a half. I was back regular, like it never even happened. Even the hole didn't look nothing much [more serious] than a cigarette burn. The bullet didn't hit no bone. I'm a skinny dude ... I don't have a bunch of meat for it to really run through and be a flesh wound. For it to be a flesh wound, I was like, 'Wow.' "

No comments: