Saturday, February 3, 2007

The cocky queen strikes again!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Singer Beyonce Knowles is one of today’s biggest pop stars. Going solo with her 2003 Multi-Platinum CD “Dangerously in Love”, she proved to the world, she has what it takes to make it as a “Solo” artist. Knowles is considered music industry’s “It” girl. Her Second Solo effort “B’Day” which was released on her 25th Birthday (September 4th 2006), proved to be another smash success of the songstress.
Beyonce considers herself a tough competitor, “I consider myself a “Perfectionist”, I tend to drive other people insane, when I am working on my album or movies. I want everything done perfectly, (laughs) it has become sort of like a habit.” While talking about her success in music and movies, Knowles says, “I’ve been through alot, I started out at the age of 15, people have been criticising me eversince, about different aspects of my career, but I strived for success, worked-hard and now I have made my place in this industry.”
Currently re-releasing her latest album “B’Day”, she says she has changed the face of music, “I’ve changed people’s perception of what’s “Hot” in music and what’s “Not Hot”, I have in a way paved the way for upcoming singers, with my 2 albums, I gave people a broader mind-set about music. I have done Jazz, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Reggae, a lil bit of everything, and not alot of artists can do that.”
The 25 years-old singer doesn’t consider any of her fellow singers as her competition, she says, “With my first album “Dangerously In Love”, I was put against another female artist, since she released her album around the same time, and people said my album won’t be publicily accepted, but at the end, my album shined, cuz my album had a fresher sound, and had alot to offer to everyone, it proved to critics and the media, that I was not just a bubble-gum pop star, it proved I have talent and I showcase it with my full potential”.
[rumor has it Ashanti is the "bubble gum pop star"]

No comments: